Monday, February 16, 2009

Saint John Railfanning January 23 2009

Here is part 2 of my railfanning trip to Saint John in January. On my way to check out the potash yard, I saw CN 7038 & 7060 (part of the NB Southern local) siting off the switch with no crew aboard.

After checking, I headed back to Staples to see what else was going on. Finally, the NBSR local came back.

Once they went by, NBSR 2612 came to the yard, from Dever Rd. yard of course, to collect some cars.

After a while, Matt came along to catch a couple of trains. After a while, the NBSR local returns to the refinery pushing a few cars.

At around 3:00pm, CN 405's power heads for the Courtenay Bay to collect 40 empty potash cars. The units are 2251, 4722, 4727 & 5647.

I headed to Coast Tire and caught em going by nearing the Potash yard.

I then headed to Russell St. and waited on 405 to come back. While waiting, I saw the NBSR local crew getting some coffee from Tim Horton's and then heading back for the refinery.

A few minutes later, the Yard Master told 405 to come back to the yard.

I then headed for Tim Horton's on Rothesay Ave. and waited for them to get RTC clearance and managed to get a video of my scanner while they got OCS clearance from Mile 83.5 to Fundy with no restrictions.

After that I headed for Ashburn Lake Rd. and caught them leaving. You should see this IDIOT on the video & photo.

Once the video & photo was taken, I headed for home but not without a chase. So I headed for Hampton for my first stop. I caught them there and I also got the scanner reading going off.

I then headed for Sussex to get the second last video of them there. The video isn't any better than the photo in this shot. For that reason, I will not show the video here.

My next & last location of the chase was Penobsquis.

I ended the chase there due to the following reasons. First, it was late enough I didn't want to stay out any later. Second, they were moving slower around Penobsquis than usual. And third, there was no spot to park than the side of the Road. So I called it a night after that.

No comments: