Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saint John Railfanning July 27 & 28 2008, Day 2

A lot more trains, but no CP TEC movement. How disappointing. So after I heard the bad news, from Dave (nbsrfan), I checked out from the hotel and headed towards Staples for some railfanning. I wasn't big time rain when I got there.



But at least I got a video of the NB Southern local

NB Souther 2612 & CN 7010 push their load towards the Irving refinery


About half an hour after I caught the Irving Refinery local, CN 405's engines were on the move

CN 2642, 5717 & CN/IC 2706 make their way towards the Courtenay Bay


I headed towards Coats Tire, near the potash plant, and got a video of the CN engines.

CN 405's power near the Courtenay Bay

I waited another 10 minutes before they came back pass me

CN units coming out of the Courtenay Bay




Soon I headed out to Russell Street to get the last video of Collecting Potash Cars. As I arrived, I saw CN 7060 & NB Southern 3701 doing some shunting, but I didn't get a good picture. Anyways, about 25 minutes of waiting, CN 7010 & NB Southern 2612 pulled up to the wye and awaited to head back to the yard, as soon as the switch was set.


CN 7010 & NB Southern 3701 return to the yard




NB Southern 2612 & CN 7010 push 2 cars towards the Irving Refinery


Finally, CN 405's power return from the Courtenay Bay with 30 something potash cars.

CN engines returning to the yard


Then I headed to Tim Horton's a waited for the crew to stop for a coffee. As soon at They got out of the cab, I headed for Hampton. I had to wait nearly an hour before CN 405 came rolling along.

CN 405 passing Hampton, NB



After getting train 405 at Hampton, I headed out for Sussex.

CN 405 near Sussex in Black & White form


I then headed for Penobsquis, which is were the potash plant is situated, and watch CN shunt there cars into the plant.

CN 405 at Penobsquis in B&W

CN 405 departing Penobsquis for Moncton


Once it left Penobsquis, I then headed for Petitcodiac to get a good shot of the engineer blowing the horn long and loud. I saw an MOW sitting in the siding on the other side of the tracks.

CN 661-33 resting in the siding at Petitcodiac

At around 4:25pm, CN 405 came rolling slowly through Petitcodiac.

CN 405 passing Petitcodiac.


I was expecting it to pass me and my grandmother at Salisbury as we approached the crossing, but this time the train didn't pass yet. So I headed for Lower Mountain rd and waited for a few minutes before I heard the horn for Upper Mtn. Rd.


After that, I headed for the VIA station in Moncton knowing that VIA 615 didn't arrive yet. So I went to the station and the told me it would arrive at 5:20pm


If you want to know the rest, leave a comment on one of my youtube accounts (KRG2645 or KRG5787)

No comments: